Coconut Flour Mini Pancake: Healthy Breakfast-in-Bed Surprise for Mom
May 09, 2018
For most of us, nothing beats the home-cooked meals prepared by the person who loves us unconditionally—Mom.
But this Mother’s Day, let her take a break from cooking and surprise her with an unforgettable dish she’ll surely appreciate.
Instead of spending thousands for jewellery, making reservations at a fancy restaurant or searching for the best spa deals and packages, why not roll up your sleeves and whip up this healthy breakfast-in-bed recipe.
Coconut Flour Mini Pancake Recipe
If your mom loves pancakes but fears gaining extra weight and high blood sugar, make this well-loved breakfast meal lighter and healthier with coconut flour. The gluten-free alternative to the usual white flour is high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Perfect for weight-conscious moms, coconut flour has low glycemic index and calories. So put your chef hat on and surprise mom with this healthy breakfast meal.
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp sweetener (honey, stevia equivalent, coco sugar, brown sugar or Muscovado)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vinegar (add and mix before cooking)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg until frothy. Add flour, sweetener, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well blended.
- Add the vinegar into the mixture right before cooking. The chemical reaction of vinegar to the baking soda in the mixture will make the pancakes fluffy.
- Preheat pan and coat with a little bit of oil. Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into the pan to form 2" mini pancakes. Let pancakes cook until bubbles form before flipping.
- Cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup (maple, coco nectar, honey) or serve with fruits like banana, orange and berries
- Eat with peanut butter or nut butter of choice.
To make cooking more fun and easy, get ECHOstore’s Coconut Flour Mini Pancake DIY Kit at our branches in Salcedo Village in Makati City, Serendra in Taguig City, Podium in Ortigas and Centris in Quezon City.
Posted in New By Echo Store