Wonder Grounds - Friendly Bolognese Sauce
by Echo Store on February 04, 2021
Wonder Grounds Recipe
Friendly Bolognese Sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small white onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Wonder Grounds, thawed 20 minutes but still in frozen state
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp chili/cayenne powder (add more if you want spicier)
- 600 grams cooked spaghetti noodles
- fresh basil leaves or parsley for garnish
- Sauté onion until translucent, add minced garlic and cook until golden
- Add Wonder Grounds in frozen state, crumble in the pan, heat thru around 3 minutes.
- Add chopped fresh tomatoes, cook until tomatoes are soft
- Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Taste and adjust flavor.
- Serve on desired pasta.
- Top with fresh basil leaves or minced fresh parsley.
- You may add minced carrots, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, minced celery stalk during sauté.
- You may add 1/2 cup red wine for that added gourmet flavor after sautéing the "meat" and vegetables. Make sure to simmer until alcohol smell is gone.
- Instead of fresh tomatoes, you may use canned stewed tomatoes